Interning at WLJT
Positions Currently Available
Production Crew (pdf)
WLJT offers internships for college students throughout the year. Internships are specifically designed to provide training and experience for students interested in the various aspects of broadcasting. Internships are offered to students of all colleges, universities, and trade schools. Students may contact WLJT directly. Most internships are paid, part time positions and are based on our production calendar. Please click the link here to see the job description. If you are interested, please contact Darrell Conner, Director of Production, at 1-800-366-9558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Promotions/Web Associate (pdf)
WLJT is currently accepting resumes for the position of part-time Promotions/Web Associate. Successful candidates will work in our offices located on the UT-Martin campus.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparing and executing social media plans. Including research to base decisions on.
- Update/maintain certain areas of the station website.
- Design ads for online and print use.
- Provide reports for station management.
- Assist with on-air and special event fund raising activities.
- Represent the station at appropriate community and business events.
- Participate in other departmental and station activities and events as requested or assigned.
- Excellent and demonstrable visual, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with various forms of social media
This position will take direction from the Assistant Station Manager and Webmaster.
Send resume (including 3 professional references) and letter of interest to:
No phone calls please. Resumes should be RECEIVED no later than May 1.
WLJT is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.