Positions Currently Available
Master Control Operator (PDF)
WLJT-DT is currently accepting resumes for the position of part-time Master Control Operator.
Successful candidates will work in our master control facilities, which are located on the UT-Martin
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Performing all required Master Control duties during a regular operating shift which includes,
but is not limited to, the following:
- Assuring the accuracy of all program logs, record schedules, automation schedules and
other related documents and files.
- Receive and check all programs, recordings and other on-air materials for technical
- Report all pertinent program/on-air information to the Director of Broadcast Operations.
- Report technical malfunctions to the Engineering Department.
- Operate the technical facilities of Master Control as designated by the logs, schedules and other protocols for the efficient, legal and appropriate over-the-air delivery of programming materials to the viewing audience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Demonstrate an understanding of electronics, television broadcast equipment, and IT based networking and associated equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Some college and experience in a technically based television environment preferred.
This position will take direction from the Master Control Supervisor and the Director of Engineering.
Send resume including 3 professional references to:
P. O. Box 966
Martin, TN 38237
No phone calls please.
Recent Positions Filled
There have been no positions filled since the last EEO Report.