About WLJT - Employment
[About Us home] [Board of Directors] [Community Advisory Board] [Contact Us] [Employment] [History] [Directions] [Compliance]
Positions Currently Available
Manager of Education and Community Engagement (pdf)
WLJT-DT is currently accepting resumes for the position of Manager of Education and Community Engagement. Successful candidates will work in our main office facilities, which are located on the UT-Martin campus.
Working closely with the Assistant Station Manager, this person designs, implements, and monitors the education and community engagement activities of the station. This person informs station management regarding local, state, and national initiatives and assures that station activities advance the community presence and educational and artistic goals of the station.
- Four-year college degree in education, communications, journalism or related field. Specific experience may be substituted for some education as deemed appropriate by the General Manager or hiring committee.
- At least one (1) year experience in teaching, training, or other adult education setting.
- Supervisory experience.
- Budget management experience.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Reliable transportation for extensive travel to various work sites.
- Ability to work with disparate groups of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to write, manage, and direct activities of organizational and governmental grants.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be willing to work occasional nights, weekends and holidays.
- Master’s degree in education, communications, journalism or related field.
- At least two (2) years experience in teaching, training, or other adult education setting.
- At least two (2) years successful supervisory and budget management experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of early childhood education methods and models.
- Knowledge of computerized educational assets that facilitate learning for children and adults.
- Knowledge of digital photography and videography.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Station Manager. It is a full-time position.
Duties may include and are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Assistant Station Manager - develop, deploy, and monitor the station’s education, outreach philosophy, and community engagement initiatives.
- Develop and manage the office and program(s) budgets.
- Develop, cultivate, and manage partnerships with other educational and nonprofit organizations to assist with the successful implementation of station initiatives.
- Research, write, and submit selected financial grant proposals/requests.
- Represent the station at community meetings and events as requested or assigned.
- Manage and lead the various initiatives launched by the station through this office (ie. Rocky T’s FunZone, PBS KIDS Writers Contest, Countdown To Kindergarten, Summer Library Tour, etc.). Activities will include but are not limited to:
- Utilizing guides, materials, directives, and other information – develop the presentation and coursework which will advance the objectives of each initiative.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of appropriate materials.
- Prepare a presentation schedule which allows for adequate planning, promotion, and sponsorship selling. The schedule should represent diverse locations of our service area with minimal repeats.
- Interface with appropriate departments to produce press releases, flyers, on-air spots, sponsor acknowledgements, and other promotional and preparatory materials.
- Identify and utilize outside partners (and station personnel when necessary) to properly promote, staff, and work presentations.
- Report to station management regarding the positive and negative aspects of all activities.
- Prepare and submit all related reports, budgets, and other documentation to PBS, CPB, NCO or other regulating agencies and organizations.
- Seek opportunities, such as conferences and extended learning events, to advance personal knowledge and expertise in areas directly related to job functions. This may include occasional out of state travel.
- Participate in the Community Advisory Board meetings.
- Attend at least one (1) West Tennessee Public Television Council board meeting per calendar year.
- Assist with station operations, activities and events as requested or assigned.
Send resume including 3 professional references to:
P. O. Box 966
Martin, TN 38237
All materials should be postmarked no later than August 18. No phone calls please.
Recent Positions Filled
Master Control Operator
Advertising Sources regularly used
The Jackson Sun (newspaper)
P.O. Box 1059
Jackson, TN 38302
The Weakley County Press (newspaper)
235 Lindell Street
Martin, TN 32837
Union City Daily Messenger
613 E. Jackson Street
Union City, TN 38261
Campus email list (Information-L)
University Of Tennessee at Martin
myPBS (email/web board)
Public Broadcasting Service (PBS)
Current (Public Broadcasting newspaper)
Classified Dept. (Victoria Maulhardt)
1612 K Street NW
Washington DC 20006
Tvjobs.com (internet web board)
productionhub.com (internet web board)
|Current EEO Report
March 22, 2013 - March 21, 2014
April 2012 - March 2013